GDPR and Internet Privacy
At Electron, we are committed to protecting your privacy as well as developing our website to provide you with the most powerful and secure online experience. You can browse through the majority of our website without providing any personal details.
We will only require you to provide your personal details when we need to fulfil a service you require from us such as to supply goods or services, receive a newsletter or catalogue, or for us to respond to your communication.
The GDPR regulations come into force on May 25th 2018. It requires any business that holds personal data on any individual in the UK and the European Union to comply. It also requires all businesses in the UK to be registered with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO).
We collect your personal data when you make a purchase through our website. We use industry standard secure sockets layer (SSL) encryption technology to guard your information.
* Initially you will create an account which is a user name (normally your email address) and a password.
* We will collect the following information so as to be able to process your order. Your name, Business name (if applicable), full address including post code and country, email address and telephone and mobile numbers.
* We use this data that you have supplied to generate a Tax invoice, to email you a copy of the invoice and to either email or call you if there is a query on your order.
* At the point of shipping we pass data that you have supplied to our courier so that they can deliver your order.
* The Post Office will require your post code and the 1st line of your address. Our courier will require your name, full address including post code and a telephone number in case of difficulty in delivering your shipment. This is the only time that we pass your data to a 3rd party.
* When it comes to making a payment on our website, you are redirected to either the Paypal or Worldpay websites. You pass your personal data direct to them including your payment details. We at Electron do not hold any of your payment details.
* Our newsletter mailing list is fully compliant and involves you supplying your first and last name along with email address. It is double opt in, so you will receive an email to confirm your consent to be on this list. You will have to respond to the email to complete your consent and be added to the mailing list. At any time you can with draw your consent. Our mailing list database is held by a 3rd party who we use to mail our newsletters.
Monitoring our digital platforms
We use analytical software to monitor the performance of our website, social media and newsletter.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded to improve the quality of the service we offer.
CCTV is in operation to monitor the security of our premises
All paper documents are held securely. Once they are no longer required by law they are shredded and sent for recycling.
Data Protection Officer
11 Kiln Lane
Where to make a complaint
Information Commissioners Office
You can also contact the Information Commissioners Office using their online form: